To introduce New Hall Wine Estate vintage 2021, and the wonderful people behind the wines, we’ve asked members of the team to say hello, choose one of the new wines, and tell us why.
2. Job title:
Leasing and Marketing Manager
3. What do you do at New Hall Wine Estate?
I take care of all our Leaseholders, as well as working on our marketing output, particularly social media at the moment. I’m loving how engaged our Facebook community is!
4. Be honest, do you talk to the vines?
Not yet, but there’s still time.
5. What’s you favourite spot on the estate:
Coming down the driveway, and seeing all the lovely old heritage vines.
6. Which of the new 2021 releases have you chosen:
I’ve gone for the Pinot Noir Rosé.
7. What made you select this wine:
To me this so different to the Pinot Noir Rosés we’ve produced before, and I absolutely love it. It’s made from our heritage Pinot Noir vines - planted in the 70s - and it’s got a small percentage of Pinot Meunier in the blend too. It’s elegant, it’s dry, it’s got such lovely subtle fruit flavours like redcurrant and rhubarb, but it’s also quite savoury. The texture means that it doesn’t just fade away, and it pairs so well with food. If you are in the shop pick up a bottle, you will not be disappointed.
8. What food would you pair with it?
A Greek salad with lots of Feta cheese and olives.
9. What music would you pair with it?
Probably either The California Honeydrops, or Leon Bridges ‘Coming Home’ album.
10. Your favourite local place to have a glass of your wines, but not on site?
I’m a big fan of the Billericay Brewing Company – excellent beers and a great selection of our wines.
Fancy a bottle of Pinot Noir Rose ?